SWconnect connects with theSecure Personal Location Manager spotwalla.com and provides tracking services for activies like long distance biking, motorcycling, rallies, etc using your iPhone.
For more information on Spotwalla, please connect to Spotwalla Secure Personal Location Manager.
For more information on the SWconnect app, please email@example.com
SWconnect Home Screen
The Home Screen is the primary interface once properly logged into Spotwalla. There are three sets of status lights at the top of the screen:
- Spotwalla Connection
- Red - No login information, email or password.
- Yellow - Email and password have been validated, but no device chosen.
- Green - Successfully logged in, and appropriate Spotwalla device has been selected.
- The Tracking light indicates current tracking status:
- Red - Tracking is currently disabled.
- Green - Tracking is current enabled.
- Blinking - Tracking is enabled, and Auto-track mode is active.
- The Internet Status light:
- Red - Internet is not currently available.
- Yellow - Internet is available via WiFi.
- Green - Internet is available via cellular.
The lower section of the Home Screen displays the current GPS tracking information. If the text is in red, then the latest GPS location lacks accuracy to be considered for tracking to Spotwalla. When tracking, if locations cannot be sent to Spotwalla, they will be buffered internally. The Buffered: line indicates the number of points that are contained in the buffer.
SWconnect Settings Screen
Clicking on Application Settings from the Home Screen brings you to the SWconnect Settings Screen. Similar to the Home Screen their are two status lights on this screen:
- The Login Status light:
- Red - The Spotwalla login info (email/password) has not been set.
- Green - The Spotwalla login info has been successfully entered and accepted.
- The Device Selection Status light:
- Red - The Spotwalla device has not yet been selected.
- Green - The Spotwalla device has been selected and accepted.
The Enable/Disable Auto Track button toggles the Auto-track mode. With Auto-track enabled, whenever the application is brought into the foreground by the user, it will attempt to start tracking. In this mode it's possible to simply start the application, and then close with power or home button, and start your trip.
At the bottom of the Settings Screen is a slider which selects the minimum tracking interval in minutes. By default it is set to 5.0 minutes, but can be adjusted from 1.0 to 10.0 minutes. This interval defines how often the current location is sent to Spotwalla. Note that there is a 100 meter fence such that even if the interval has passed, but the current location is less than 100 meters from previous location, it will not be logged.
SWconnect Login Screen
Clicking on Login to Spotwalla from the Settings Screen brings you to the Spotwalla Login page. Enter your email and password as registered with your Spotwalla account to login to Spotwalla. This information will be saved for future operation, and generally will not need to be entered again.
A successful login will bring you back to the Settings Screen where you will be able to select the device.
PLEASE NOTE: Before using SWconnect, you will need to create your Spotwalla account. After creating your account, you will need to create a device, and make sure it is enabled for Web access. More information on this process can be viewed in the Support FAQ.
SWconnect Custom Message Screen
Clicking on Custom Message from the Main Screen brings you to Custom Message screen. Besides regular tracking/location messages, Spotwalla allows you to send custom messages. These messages can consist of custom text as entered in the top text widget, but can also include a special types which control which icon will be displayed on the Spotwalla trip page. These include special messages like:
- Bonus Location
- Gas Stop
- Gas Stop
- Performance Award (from the local police agency!)
- Roadside Repair
Status Light icons used in SWconnect are subject to theCreative Commons License,and are authored by 1RadicalOne.
Special thanks to all of my beta testers, with special thanks to Ray Romero, Jerry White and John Inkson.